Day 7

Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'm starting a new experiment.
Online blogging about my recovery.
7 days without a drink.
I guess that's progress.
One day at a time.
I'm not sure what I should be feeling right now.
I feel tired and grumpy.
I forgot to take my meds last night until like 1:00.
I couldn't calm my mind down.
All I could think about was how a drink would relax me.
One sweet drink.
But one is never enough.
There's always a second.
Then a third-then a tenth.
And I lie.
"I only had 3."
I'm an expert lier.
I don't know the truth anymore.
The truth is, I'm tired, and I have no inspiration for art anymore because I'm not sober long enough to remember what I was doing long enough to follow through.
I drew last night for the first time in months.
It sucked but it's a start.
So there ya go.
Seven days and counting.

0 comments: