Day 8

Friday, May 29, 2009

So I realize the name of my blog may sound weird, and I want to clear that up.
YOUthymia is sort of a phonetic spelling (allbeit my own spin) of the word Euthymia.


Wikipedia defines Euthymia as: a word used for indicating a normal non-depressed, reasonably positive mood. It is distinguished from euphoria, which refers to an extreme of happiness, and dysthymia, which refers to a depressed mood.

I strive for this state. Neither happy nor sad. A place of serenity-no highs or lows, but of cerebral and emotional harmony. Maybe it sounds wacky, but I think most people would give up feeling super great to chuck the super sad letdown that inevitably follows.
There is some comfort in stability.
Achieving it, however, is the trick.

So that's what I'm trying to do--one day at a time. Not really knowing what I'm doing, still feeling the ups and downs, but hoping for some kind of eventual center.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Proud of you. Keep going to meetings and following the steps. You will get it right! Ask for HELP. If you need us, we will be there. Get a sponsor. One Day at a Time!!!!

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.